5 Best CRM for Coaches in 2023: Reviews, Comparisons, & Expert Advice
In the dynamic world of coaching, having the right tools can make all the difference. It's like having a reliable pair of running shoes when you're training for a marathon.
One of these essential tools is a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
Why is a CRM so important, you ask?
Well, imagine having a personal assistant who keeps track of all your client interactions, manages your schedule, and even provides insights to help you serve your clients better. That's what a good CRM can do for you!
The global CRM market is booming, and it's no surprise. With the rise of personalized customer service and the use of AI and automation, businesses are realizing the value of having a robust CRM system. In fact, the CRM market is expected to grow at a rate of 13.9% from 2023 to 2030.
But with so many CRM platforms out there, each with its own set of features and capabilities, how do you choose the right one for your coaching business?
Don't worry, we've got you covered. We've put together a list of the 5 Best CRM for Coaches in 2023. This list will guide you through the CRM landscape and help you find the perfect fit for your coaching style and needs.
So, let's lace up those running shoes and get started!
What is CRM & why do coaches need it?
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is technology that helps manage all your company's relationships and interactions with current and potential customers. It's designed to improve business relationships, assist in customer retention, and drive sales growth.
But what does this mean for coaches? Let's break it down.
CRM for coaches: Enhancing client relationships & business processes
Think of CRM as a personal assistant that never sleeps. It's a technology designed to manage all your interactions with current and potential customers.
The goal? To improve business relationships, boost customer retention, and drive sales growth.
But don't be fooled - CRM isn't just for big corporations.
It's a game-changer for coaches looking to streamline their processes, enhance client relationships, and scale their service businesses.
Can all types of coaches benefit from a CRM?
Coaches have unique needs, and a CRM is there to meet them. Whether you're a life coach, business coach, executive coach, or health coach, a CRM can be your best companion.
- Life coaches: Track your client's journey, store session notes, and send automated reminders for upcoming appointments.
- Business coaches: Manage your client portfolio, track their business growth, and schedule regular check-ins.
- Executive coaches: Integrate with a company's existing systems, aligning coaching goals with business objectives.
- Health coaches: Monitor your clients' health progress, schedule appointments, and manage payment plans.
- And the list goes on!
In short, a CRM (especially one that’s integrated in coaching management software) takes care of the administrative tasks, freeing you up to focus on providing the best possible service to your clients. And what coach wouldn’t want that?
Top 5 CRM options for coaches: Detailed reviews & comparisons
Choosing the right CRM for your coaching business can feel like a daunting task, given the multitude of options available. But don't worry, we've got you covered!
We've combed through the top CRM options for coaches, and we're going to break them down for you.
Best for: Coaches looking for an all-in-one CRM solution that can handle all aspects of their coaching business.
Profi is a comprehensive CRM solution designed specifically for coaches. It's an online coaching platform praised for its user-friendly interface and offers a wide range of features to streamline necessary but time-consuming tasks so you can focus on helping your clients and growing your coaching business.
Whether you're operating a one-person coaching business as a solopreneur or managing a team of coaches or running an entire coaching organization, Profi is the ultimate coaching platform for you.
- Scheduling & calendar: Profi offers an organized calendar and client booking system. It syncs with Google & Outlook calendars to avoid double-bookings and provides a branded booking link for clients to schedule appointments. Email & SMS reminders keep you and your clients informed.
- Video conferencing: Profi offers unlimited, reliable, built-in HIPAA compliant video conferencing. You can run unlimited 1:1 and group sessions using Profi's built-in video conferencing or their Zoom integration. Enhance sessions with messaging, note-taking, screen sharing, recording, and even auto-charging for overtime.
- CRM, notes & messaging: Manage your client list with tags, stages, and other fields. Message clients, take private notes, or share them with clients and team members. View the complete engagement history, in one place.
- Forms: Gather crucial information about your clients with Profi’s automated and customizable coaching intake form templates.
- Packages: Offer a set of sessions, schedule, connect with clients, repeat.
- Programs (Courses): Create and sell simple courses & comprehensive programs with Profi’s online course builder.
- Payments: Integrated payments, transparent low fees, flexible client payment options.
- Reporting: Track & analyze your performance and earnings in minutes.
- Client portal: Onboard, impress, and retain clients with a branded, user-friendly portal.
Profi offers a 30-day free trial, with pricing plans starting from $99/month.
They offer four plans: Solo, Team, Corporate, and Network, each offering a range of features to suit different needs.
Comprehensive features, user-friendly interface.
It can take some time to fully understand and utilize all of Profi's features. However, once mastered, these features can significantly enhance your coaching business.
Want to see for yourself? Check out this interactive demo below:
Best for: Coaches who need a CRM with strong project management features.
HoneyBook is a CRM solution that stands out for its robust project management features. It's designed to create seamless customer experiences, making it easier for you to manage your coaching business.
- Client management: Keep track of all client interactions in one place.
- Project tracking: Monitor the progress of your coaching projects with ease.
- Invoicing: Create and send professional invoices to get paid on time.
- Proposals & contracts: Use customizable, interactive proposals to present your brand and impress your clients. Easy-to-use, ready to sign, and all online.
- Calendar: Share your availability, get booked, and confirm meetings all within HoneyBook.
- Client portal: Provide your clients with a user-friendly portal for easy communication and access to project details.
HoneyBook offers a 7-day free trial, with pricing plans starting from $8/month when billed annually.
They offer three plans: Starter, Essentials, and Premium, each offering a range of features to suit different needs.
Robust features, client portal.
Some users have reported that the mobile app could use some improvements.
3. Zoho CRM
Best for: Businesses looking for a CRM solution with a wide range of features and customization options.
Zoho CRM is a robust customer relationship management platform that offers a wide range of features to help businesses manage their customer relationships more effectively.
While it's not specifically designed for coaches, its wide range of features can be beneficial for managing client relationships, tracking progress, scheduling sessions, and automating tasks in a coaching business.
- Sales force automation: Automate your sales processes to increase efficiency and reduce manual tasks.
- Marketing automation: Create, execute, and track marketing campaigns to attract more leads and convert them into customers.
- Customer support: Provide excellent customer service with tools for ticket management, knowledge base creation, and more.
- Inventory management: Keep track of your inventory levels, manage product listings, and automate order processing.
- Customization: Tailor Zoho CRM to your business needs with custom modules, fields, and functions.
Zoho CRM offers a 7-day free trial, with pricing plans starting from $8/month when billed annually.
They offer four plans: Standard, Professional, Enterprise, and Ultimate, each offering a range of features to suit different needs.
Comprehensive feature set, competitive pricing.
May not offer specific features tailored for coaching.
4. Bitrix 24
Best for: Coaches who work in teams and need strong collaboration tools.
Bitrix 24 is a comprehensive CRM solution that offers a wide range of features designed to streamline your coaching business, especially if you work in a team. It's known for its robust collaboration tools and project management features.
- Contact management: Keep track of all client contacts in one place.
- Task management: Manage all your coaching tasks in one place, with features like task templates and automation, workload management, and visual project management.
- Time tracking: Keep track of the time spent on coaching sessions with an online time clock built into Bitrix24.
- Collaboration: Bitrix24 offers a virtual office for your company to work, communicate, and collaborate. It includes HD video calls & conferences, chats, and worktime tracking.
- CRM: Packed with client management, customer support, and marketing automation features, Bitrix24 CRM is a digital sales suite.
- Contact center: Bitrix24 offers telephony, live chat, contact forms, and more for quick and efficient communication with your clients.
- Sites & stores: A template-based website builder allowing you to create beautiful websites, landing pages, and online stores.
- HR & automation: An online business automation suite to help you manage your team and workflows in the most efficient way.
Bitrix 24 offers a free version with limited features, with premium plans starting from $19/month.
Other than their free plan, they offer three plans: Basic, Standard, and Professional, each offering a range of features to suit different needs.
Wide range of features, collaboration tools.
Some users have reported that Bitrix 24 can be a bit overwhelming due to its wide range of features.
Best for: Coaches looking for a CRM with strong automation features.
Satori is a CRM designed specifically for coaches, offering a range of features that automate and streamline various aspects of a coaching business. It's known for its intuitive interface and robust automation features.
- Automated scheduling: Satori turns a volley of manual emails and forms into a single link your client can use to buy packages, schedule sessions, sign agreements, and make payments.
- Automated billing: Offer custom billing cycles, payment plans, and discounts to make your coaching accessible to more clients. Streamline billing and payments with scheduled invoices or subscription payments.
- Client onboarding: Streamline the client onboarding process with automated forms and agreements.
- Coaching engagements: Keep clients accountable with custom coaching questionnaires. Capture session agendas and deliver more effective coaching, in every session.
- Calendar integration: Sync with your Google Calendar account to keep your availability current and eliminate double bookings. Integrate your Apple or Outlook calendar to review your Satori sessions on the go.
- Client-facing dashboard: Empower your clients to self-manage through the client-facing dashboard. Clients can schedule sessions, review agreements, access billing history, and update their profiles.
Satori offers a 30-day free trial, with pricing plans starting from $8/month.
They offer three plans: Pioneer, Trailblazer, and Pro, each offering a range of features to suit different needs.
Strong automation features, intuitive interface.
Some users have mentioned that it could offer more customization options.
How to choose the best CRM for your coaching business: A step-by-step guide
Choosing the right CRM for your coaching business is like finding the perfect pair of running shoes. It needs to fit just right, support you every step of the way, and help you go the distance.
Here's a step-by-step guide to help you find your perfect fit:
Step 1: Define your coaching style & needs
Every coach has a unique style, and your CRM should complement that.
Take a moment to list down the daily tasks you perform as a coach. Do you spend a lot of time scheduling sessions? Do you need a better system for tracking client progress? Do you wish you had automated billing? This list will help you understand your specific needs and guide you in your CRM selection.
For example, a life coach might need robust scheduling and note-taking features, while a business coach might prioritize task management and reporting tools.
Pro Tip: Consider your coaching philosophy and how a CRM can support it. For instance, if you believe in a highly personalized approach to coaching, look for a CRM with strong client profiling and segmentation features. If you value continuous learning and improvement, a CRM with robust data analytics and reporting features can be invaluable.
Step 2: Gauge your business size & scope
Just like you wouldn't buy a size 8 shoe when you're a size 10, the size and scope of your coaching business are crucial in choosing the right CRM.
Assess your current business size and where you see your business in the next few years. Will you be adding more coaches to your team? Will you be expanding your client base significantly? Your CRM should not only fit your current needs but also scale with your coaching business as it grows.
If you're a solo coach, you might need a CRM that's simple, user-friendly, and focuses on individual productivity. Look for a CRM that can streamline your administrative tasks, manage your client interactions, and keep your schedule organized.
On the other hand, if you're managing a team of coaches, you'll need a CRM that promotes collaboration and team efficiency. Look for features like:
- Team calendars
- Task assignments
- Shared client notes
- Multiple user access
- And so on.
Pro Tip: As you assess your professional service delivery business size and scope, also consider the complexity of your operations. If your coaching business involves multiple services, complex scheduling, or diverse client needs, you may need a more sophisticated CRM, even if your team is small.
Step 3: Budget wisely
Just as you'd invest in a good pair of running shoes without breaking the bank, setting a realistic budget for your CRM is crucial. CRM platforms come in a range of prices, from free versions with basic features to premium options with advanced capabilities.
Start by determining how much you're willing and able to invest in a CRM. Consider the value it will bring to your business - the time it will save, the client experience it will enhance, and the business growth it could drive.
Remember, the most expensive CRM isn't always the best fit for your business. It's about finding the right balance between cost and value. Look for a CRM that offers the features you need at a price that fits your budget.
Also, consider the future costs. Some CRMs may require additional costs for add-ons, upgrades, or increased user numbers as your business grows. You want to make sure the CRM you choose will serve you well in the long run, without causing financial strain.
Pro Tip: When setting your budget, consider the potential return on investment (ROI) a CRM can offer. A CRM that automates administrative tasks, for instance, can free up your time to take on more clients or offer additional services. This increased revenue can offset the cost of the CRM.
Step 4: Explore the features
Just as you'd check the grip, cushioning, and material of a running shoe, it's essential to delve into the features of a CRM. Look for key features that will support your coaching journey. These might include client management, scheduling, billing, reporting, and professional services automation.
Based on the list of needs you identified in Step 1, start exploring CRM options that offer these features. Take advantage of free trials or demos to get a hands-on feel of how these features work.
Also, consider whether the CRM integrates with other tools you use, like email platforms or calendar apps. Seamless integration can significantly streamline your workflow and save you time.
Remember, the goal is to find a CRM that makes your life easier, not more complicated. It's like finding running shoes that enhance your performance, not hinder it. So take your time to explore, experiment, and evaluate.
Pro Tip: Don't forget to consider the CRM's adaptability to new technologies and coaching trends. The digital landscape is constantly evolving, and your CRM should be able to accommodate new tools and features as they become relevant to your coaching business.
Step 5: Take a test run
Just as you'd take a new pair of running shoes for a spin around the store, it's crucial to test drive a CRM before making a commitment. Most CRM platforms offer a free trial, giving you a chance to explore its features and assess its fit for your business.
Sign up for a free trial and use this opportunity to explore the CRM thoroughly. Try out the features that are most important to you. Is the scheduling feature easy to use? Does the client management feature provide the details you need?
Pay attention to the user interface - is it intuitive and user-friendly? Can you find what you need easily?
Also, test out the customer support. Send them a query or request assistance and see how quickly and effectively they respond.
Remember, this is your chance to try before you buy. Make the most of it to ensure you choose a CRM that fits your needs like a glove. It's like ensuring those new running shoes are comfortable and supportive before you take them out on the track.
Pro Tip: During your test run, try to replicate real-life scenarios that you encounter in your coaching business. This could involve setting up a mock client account, scheduling sessions, or generating reports. This hands-on approach will give you a realistic understanding of how the CRM can support your day-to-day operations.
Step 6: Tune into the coaching community
Just as you'd read reviews before investing in a new pair of running shoes, it's important to hear what other coaches have to say about the CRM you're considering. Reviews and testimonials can provide valuable insights into the CRM's strengths and weaknesses.
Start by searching for reviews online. Look for reviews from coaches in your specific niche to see how the CRM meets their unique needs.
Don't just focus on the star ratings - read the comments to understand the reasons behind the ratings. What features do coaches love? What issues have they encountered?
Also, consider joining coaching forums or social media groups. These platforms can provide a wealth of information and firsthand experiences from coaches who have used the CRM.
Every coach's experience is unique, but listening to the crowd can give you a broader perspective and help you anticipate potential challenges. It's like reading running shoe reviews to understand if they're comfortable, durable, and worth the investment.
Pro Tip: Consider reaching out directly to other coaches in your niche who use the CRM you're considering. A 1:1 conversation can provide deeper insights and allow you to ask specific questions that may not be addressed in general reviews or forum discussions.
Step 7: Plan for growth
As your client base expands and your business evolves, your CRM should be able to adapt and scale accordingly.
As you evaluate different CRMs, consider their scalability. Does the CRM offer advanced features that you might need in the future? Can it support more clients or additional team members as your business grows?
Also, look at the CRM's track record for updates and improvements. A CRM that regularly updates its features and functionality is more likely to keep pace with your growing business.
Remember, choosing a CRM is a long-term investment. It's not just about meeting your needs today, but also about supporting your business's growth in the future. It's like investing in a pair of running shoes that will not only support you in your first race but also carry you through many more to come.
Pro Tip: As you plan for growth, consider not just the scalability of the CRM, but also its ability to integrate with other advanced tools you may adopt in the future. A CRM that plays well with others will provide a smoother transition as your business evolves.
Leveraging CRM for coaching: The ally in your success journey
A CRM is more than just a tool; it's a partner in your coaching journey. The right CRM can save you time, help you deliver a better coaching experience, and ultimately, contribute to your success.
This decision requires careful thought and research. It's about finding a CRM that aligns with your coaching style, meets your needs, and feels like the right fit for you.
Enter Profi - a CRM that stands apart. Profi is not just another CRM; it's a comprehensive platform crafted specifically for coaches. It brings together robust features and a user-friendly interface, all underpinned by a deep understanding of the coaching industry. The result? A platform that's poised to revolutionize your coaching business.
So, are you ready to embrace the future of coaching? Are you prepared to take your coaching practice to new heights? If so, it's time to explore Profi. Experience a CRM that's not just about managing relationships, but empowering coaches and catalyzing exceptional results.
The future of coaching is here, and it starts with you and Profi.
Generate more profit for your service practice
Without investing any more time. You've been helping others — it's time to help yourselfTry for free